Your wedding album is one of the most important things you will ever create. It is a tangible representation of your big day, and it will last for years to come. Unfortunately, many people do not take proper care of their wedding albums, which can lead to damage and deterioration over time. In this blog post, we will discuss how to protect your wedding album so that it stays beautiful for years to come!
How your wedding album can get damaged
There are a few different ways that your wedding album can become damaged. One of the most common is simply not handling it with care. Many people forget that their wedding album is delicate and will handle it roughly, which can lead to bent pages and ripped photos. Another way your album can become damaged is by exposure to sunlight or other sources of heat.
Our top tips for protecting your wedding album:
- Keep it cool: One of the best ways to protect your album is to store it in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent damage from heat and humidity.
- Handle your album with care: Remember that your album is delicate! Handle it with care to avoid bent pages and ripped photos. Make sure friends and family don’t have messy fingers before they start browsing your wedding album.
- Keep it out of direct sunlight: Exposure to sunlight can damage your album over time. Keep it in a dark place or cover it with a cloth when you’re not looking at it.
- Ensure you have a good solid cover: The cover of your album is the first line of defense against damage. Make sure it’s made of a sturdy material that won’t rip easily.
- Use high-quality printing stock: It’s important to use high quality inks and paper, to ensure that your wedding album will withstand the test of time. Our Wedding Album products come with professional grade longevity with print permanence rated at 80+ years. We also over paper thickness in 240gsm paper, which is one of the heaviest weight paper you will find for albums.
- Don’t forget about the binding: The way your album is bound is just as important as the quality of the paper! Our Wedding Albums use a lay flat binding, which means that your pages will lay completely flat when open. This prevents damage to your photos and makes it easier to browse
Use a wedding album box:
When ordering your wedding album with Good Times Albums, you will have the option of four boxes to store the album:
- Kraft presentation box – The Album Kraft Box is constructed of binders board and eco-friendly kraft paper. A basic yet attractive presentation that is both sturdy and elegant. This box will be the correct size and height for your album.
- Wood & Fabric Album Box – A lovely blend of gorgeous textiles and light-coloured wood. These beautiful hardwood album boxes are made to custom fit your lay flat collection and come in a variety of our most popular sizes. This box is available with or without an accompanying album. The core portion is constructed from locally sourced pine wood with a D-shaped cut out to aid in lifting the contents. The outside is completed in a beautiful fabric such as fine linen or velvet, and the edges are secured with discrete magnets. Add your own design flair to the cover by adding personalisation on top.
- Wooden Print Box – It’s a beautiful, handcrafted box with a USB compartment on the side.
We hope you found these tips helpful! For more information on our Wedding Album products, please visit our album page or contact us today. Thanks for reading!